We reserve the right to delete or ban those who we deem to be using replies inappropriately.
When contacting other users:
- Please treat all other users with courtesy and respect.
- Do not reply to ads with unsolicited opinions, comments, or judgements about the content of the ads, the price of the item, or the poster themselves.
- Abusive replies are not allowed. Any replies containing hate speech or defamation are strictly prohibited.
- All replies to ads must be about what the ad is offering. Replies containing other commercial offers are not allowed on Gumtree.
- Impersonating other users, including supplying fake phone numbers, is not permitted. Those who are found to be doing so may lose the ability to use Gumtree.
- Gumtree reserves the right to revoke the ability of any user to reply to ads without notice.
Receiving Inappropriate Replies
If you receive a reply that you feel is inappropriate, please do not reply. You can delete the conversation using the Delete conversation button at the bottom of your messages.
If a user has become rude mid-conversation, remember that you can rate your experiences with them using the Rate Buyer or Rate Seller button found when you open the conversation.